What is CLIA
What is CLIA?
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the world’s largest cruise industry association, providing a unified voice and leading authority of the global cruise community.
CLIA brings the whole cruise industry together – ocean and river cruise lines, travel agents, ports, destinations and industry suppliers. We know that the industry is stronger when we all work together with the shared aim of promoting the cruise travel experience.
Become a member and join the community!
CLIA’s mission is to be the unified global organisation that helps its members succeed by advocating, educating and promoting for the common interests of the cruise community.
As a travel agent member, CLIA is here to help you cut through the cruise information, terminology, trends and opportunities and ultimately to help you grow your business as you become a cruise expert.
CLIA’s UK online training is accredited by City & Guilds and operates the only cruise accreditation programme in Europe. We provide official industry training and accreditation, create unique resources and host inspiring events designed to provide the tools, knowledge and education for agents who want to sell cruise.
Travel agent members benefit from:
Industry Training and Accreditation
- Members can access an interactive online learning programme covering a wide range of topics such as cruise products, destinations, specific cruise sales techniques, the customer cruise experience, latest trends and more
- To support the learning modules, members can access a complete library of live and recorded Webinars to keep up-to-date with key information from our cruise line members
- Access to our ‘Destination Series modules’ – providing in-depth knowledge of the growing number of cruise destinations worldwide
Events and Ship Visit Opportunities
- CLIA hosts official cruise industry events that showcase all sectors of the industry, from river to luxury and expedition, including our flagship CLIA Conference – the UK’s largest travel agent conference and the annual River Cruise Conference
- We take our events on the road with our CLIA roadshows and showcases, visiting regions across the UK and Ireland inviting travel agents to meet our cruise line members and receive industry updates and training
- CLIA also host award ceremonies to celebrate the hard work travel agent members put into growing the cruise industry
Your Cruise Daily
- In this fast-moving industry, CLIA helps agent members keep up-to-date with everything happening in your industry through ‘Your Cruise Daily’
- As well as recent news, Cruise Daily includes the latest opinion pieces from the cruise industry-leading figures who share their experience, thoughts and ideas on our industry. It also includes travel agent’s cruise experiences, images, video, social media links and much more
- Agent members can benefit from using our Cruise Search Tool, built to help agents find the right cruise holiday for their customer with just a click of a button
- CLIA Podcasts bring the latest news from across the globe, as well as a weekly 60 second video round-up
- CLIA’ ‘Full Picture’ resource allows agent members to send visuals to their customers' screens in real-time. With extensive content from over 30 cruise lines, agents can use this tool to bring conversations to life
- Our ‘Cruise and Ship Finder’ offers a listing of ocean and river cruise ships featuring itineraries, key facts and information
- Brochure Rack and Agent Materials Search – Now agent members can find the most up to date cruise line brochures, fact sheets, CLIA cruise reviews, CLIA Informer, guides, cheat sheets, newsletters, tech sheets, maps, timetables, reports and much more.
Established in 1975, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the world’s largest cruise industry trade association, providing a unified voice and leading authority of the global cruise community. CLIA supports policies and practices that foster a safe, secure, healthy and sustainable cruise ship environment and is dedicated to promoting the cruise travel experience.
- CLIA is the global organisation that fosters our members' success by advocating, educating and promoting.
- CLIA represents the interests of the cruise industry community.
- 50+ Cruise Lines – From ocean to specialty cruise ships, CLIA lines represent more than 95 percent of global cruise capacity.
- 400+ Executive Partner Members – As key suppliers and partners to the cruise lines, executive partners play a major role in the successful operation of cruising, including ports & destinations, ship development, suppliers and business services.
- 15,000 Global Travel Agency and 53,000 Travel Agent Members – Our travel agency members include the largest agencies, hosts, franchises and consortia in the world.
- CLIA Cruise Lines serve more than 30 million passengers annually.
The CLIA London Team
Andy Harmer - Senior Vice President, International Travel Trade Membership and Director of UK & Ireland Email
Adele Foster - Trade Membership & Events Manager Email
Lisa Morton - Finance Manager Email
Charlotte Humphrey - PR Executive Email
Alex Holubowicz - Special Projects Manager Email
To contact the London Office please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to Join CLIA UK & Ireland? - Click here or for other European Membership - Click here?